During the January 2013 Hack-A-Thon I was able to work on the SlitherGrid code base. Here are a list of the source code improvements I accomplished during the Hack-A-Thon:
TwoDeeGrid Class Constructor Improvements:
- Set the default map for cell channels.
- Set the number of row and columns.
- Set cell width and height.
- Calculate and set row direction.
- Calculate and set column direction.
- Set list of row data. (Call the “createRows” method.)
TwoDeeGrid Class Method Improvements:
- getRow method was implemented.
- getColumn method was implemented.
- getCell method was implemented.
- Removed all methods related to cell selection so class can be immutable. Cell selections will be supported in future modifications through an external class.
- Added a convertGridCoordinateToWorldCoordinate method and a convertWorldCoordinateToGridCoordinate method.
- Added a CoordinateUtilities class to the Geometry.py Module.
- Added a getDistanceBetweenCoordinates method to the CoordinateUtilities class.
- Added a getChangeInNorthing and getChangeInEasting method to the BasicAngle class of the Geometry.py module.
- Added exception code to the Geometry.py Module.
Now this all needs to be unit tested. 😛
The Sunburned Surveyor