One way we help our clients identify and overcome risk in real estate transactions and land development projects is by helping them find the best experts! The following business partners work with us on real estate projects in Central California. They are the best at what they do! You can reach out to them directly or you can contact us to help organize a team for your project.
- Land Attorneys
- Real Estate Appraisers
- Civil Engineers/Architects
- Land Title Professionals
- Real Estate Brokers/Agents
McKenna Brinks Signorotti
McKenna Brink Signorotti LLP is a full service law firm focused on real estate, business and wealth planning. Their attorneys have significant experience in all real estate related matters, including title litigation, land use and real estate transactions. Their corporate attorneys represent small and mid-size businesses as outside corporate counsel, and have significant experience in business litigation, entity formation, securities, regulatory compliance, shareholder agreements, business tax planning and exit and succession strategies. Their estate, wealth planning and tax attorneys focus on estate planning, wealth preservation strategies for business owners, tax mitigation planning for high-net worth clients and California property taxes.
Dan’s clients include private property owners, business owners, home builders, developers, and public agencies. Dan’s experience includes over 25 years resolving – and litigating if necessary – a wide array of property and business-related disputes involving land use, eminent domain/direct condemnation, inverse condemnation (unconstitutional regulatory and physical “takings”), development impact fees and exactions, redevelopment, purchases/sales, easements and boundaries, other municipal/constitutional law matters, and probate, will contests, and estate planning disputes.
In an era when few cases go to trial and litigators with trial experience are few and far between, Dan’s experience is unusual – and valuable; allowing him to effectively counsel clients and win in court. Early in his career, Dan actively sought increasing litigation responsibility and was afforded the opportunity to handle dozens of cases, from early pleading and discovery stages, through jury or bench trial to verdict. Examples of Dan’s litigation experience include:
• Successfully prosecuting, defending and resolving (for and against public agencies) numerous land use-related writ petitions, involving development entitlements, environmental analysis (CEQA), conditions of approval, development impact fees and exactions, redevelopment, and zoning issues.
• Successfully representing property owners, tenants, businesses, and public agencies in bench and jury trials of eminent domain, inverse condemnation, employment, business, and breach of contract disputes.
• Successfully prosecuting other municipal law disputes, such as quo warranto actions, in which public officials serving on two local agency boards were forced to resign under the “incompatible offices doctrine”.
• Resolving contentious disputes between private property/business owners involving purchase/sale agreements, access and prescriptive easements, property boundaries, damages to real and personal property, breach of contract, tort, and construction claims.
Real Estate Appraisers
John Hilas – Valbridge Property Advisors
Valbridge Property Advisors is the largest independent national commercial real estate appraisal and consulting services firm in North America. Each branch is independently owned and operated; Valbridge Property Advisors | Northern California has offices in Silicon Valley, East Bay, Central Valley, and Sacramento. In business since 1976, the team has significant experience with real property appraisals, litigation support, tax appeals, partial interests, estate valuations and other specialty property matters.
John Hillas is the Managing Director of Valbridge Property Advisors | Northern California’s Central Valley offices, where he leads a team of experienced appraisers and mentors budding individuals. With 40 years of appraising in several states under his belt, John’s wide range of experience includes commercial, industrial, and agricultural property types. He draws from his strengths to assist a variety of clients, from lending to private entities. In addition, John is skilled at providing valuations and expert testimony in connection with litigation support, eminent domain, and UASFLA (Yellow Book) format appraisals for Federal transactions.
Email me at JHillas@valbridge.com
Learn more about Valbridge Property Advisors | Northern California
Connect with Valbridge on LinkedIn
Land Title Professionals
Jake is an experienced land title professional and land manager. He is a registered professional landman, licensed real estate sales person (in California), and a member of the American Association of Professional Landmen. Jake has a Bachelor of Science in Energy Management from the University of Tulsa.
Jake’s real estate experience includes the following:
- Drafting and negotiating sales agreements and leases.
- Completing market analysis.
- Brokering transactions.
- Performing land title due diligence.
- Developing custom reporting tools for land management.
- Handling real estate and land right acquisition.
- Title abstracting and land regulation review.
- Running GIS software.
- Helping landowners confirm mineral rights ownership.