My team is working this week to wrap up the first issue of a brand new digital magazine entitled “Surveying The Law”.
This magazine will focus on development in California real estate law. This includes reviewing court decisions and recent legislation for on-the-ground impacts. It will also include practical advice on dealing with challenges related to boundary surveying, land title and land use planning. It will explain the land surveyor’s role as a measurement expert in both the US real estate system and the legal system.
In our first issue we will cover the following topics:
- A recent court decision that established an important legal principle about resolving boundary encroachments.
- A recent court decision about the ability of an irrigation district to control activities outside its easement footprint.
- Recent cases related to CEQA.
- The impact of California law from last year related to accessory dwelling units.
- Five questions land attorneys need to ask when a surveyor says there is an encroachment.
- A deep dive into the mechanism’s for merger of real estate parcels under California law.
I’ll post a link here when the magazine is available online.